Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: CRAZY BRAVE




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I am currently reading CRAZY BRAVE: A MEMOIR by Joy Harjo. It is a beautiful book, exactly what one would hope for in a memoir from a poet. She shares her life through stories, poems, legends, and narrative, and I've highlighted particularly lush or evocative passages on practically every page.

"In the end, we must each tend to our own gulfs of sadness, though others can assist us with kindness, food, good words, and music. Our human tendency is to fill these holes with distractions like shopping and fast romance, or with drugs and alcohol."

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Nice teaser. I see what you mean about her use of language. Come and see my teasers for Hysteria by Megan Miranda and The Best Man by Kristan Higgins. Happy reading!

SJ said...

That's very true. A very thoughtful teaser.
My Teaser

Melissa O. said...

Nice teaser. I have to admit I'm not much for memoirs, but your snippet contains a lot of truth. Glad you are enjoying it! Here's my TT post!