Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2009 Wrap-up

Well, I accidentally deleted the half-finished spreadsheet I had started so I could post all my 2009 books by category and by star rating. Oops. I think it's a sign to stop spending time on a wrap-up and get to the 2010 reading! So I thought I'd just post a quick summary and a few highlights from 2009 so that I feel I've wrapped up last year.

I read a total of 116 books. For 2008, it was 217, so there was no way I was ever going to top that. I did a fair amount of re-reading, but managed more literary novels than I had in 2008. I'm just going to list a few of special note.

Literature:

A Year of Cats and Dogs by Margaret Hawkins
The Writing Class by Jincy Willett
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Disappearance by Efrem Sigel
The History of Now by Daniel Klein
Seducing the Spirits by Louise Young

Mystery:

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny

Juvenile:

The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour by Michael D. Beil
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Savvy by Ingrid Law
Scat by Carl Hiaasen

YA:

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Nonfiction:

Always Looking Up: Adventures of an Incurable Optimist by Michael J. Fox
Annie's Ghosts: A Journey into a Family Secret by Steve Luxenberg

No comments: