Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holly's Year in Reading 2009--By rating

I have to say, even though I read a ton of books this year, there were very few that I thought were outstanding, many were very good and entertaining. But I can't say I read one book I would recommend to EVERYONE I meet. I think Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is still the best book I've read in the last couple years.

Five stars:
The Hunger Games

Four and a half stars:
The Shepherd, The Angel and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog
The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour
Casting Spells
Sworn to Silence
Rapunzel's Revenge
Roxie and the Hooligans
Rescuing Seneca Crane
The Mystery of the Third Lucretia
Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree

Four Stars:
Bad Girls Don't Die
The Ladies of the Lake
Fear the Worst
The Double Bind
Flawed Dogs: The Shocking Raid on Westminster
Laced with Magic
Evil at Heart
39 Clues #5: The Black Circle
Cherries in Winter
Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby #4)
The Witch is Dead (Ophelia & Abby #5)
The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby #6)
Witch Way to Murder (Ophelia & Abby #1)
Charmed to Death (Ophelia & Abby #2)
The Trouble with Witches (Ophelia & Abby #3)
Llama Llama Misses Mama
Coraline (graphic novel)
Closed for the Season
A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden Mysteries #2)
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
The Boy in Striped Pajamas
The Unusual Mind of Vincent Shadow
Good as Lily
Etta: A Novel
Luv Ya Bunches
Vanishing Acts
Wife of the Gods
Sarah's Key
Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love
The Great Christmas Bowl
39 Clues #4: Beyond the Grave
The Lost Hours

Three and a half stars:
The Last Bridge
Spinning Forward
The Graveyard Book
Lily's Crossing
The Hanging Hill
Secrets of a Christmas Box
39 Clues #2: One False Note
Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story
39 Clues #3: The Sword Thief
Shoot the Moon
What the Dead Know
Museum Vaults: Excerpts from the Journal of an Expert
Twilight
Testimony
The Next Thing on my List

Three Stars:
The Postcard
The Irregulars
Fragment
Lethal Legacy
The Associate
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden Mysteries #3)
Knit Two
The Late, Lamented Molly Marx
Words Unspoken
The Disappearance

Two and a half stars:
Twilight (Summer Confidential)
Sunset (Summer Confidential)
Sunrise (Summer Confidential)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I agree that Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet is a great book. I recommended Hotel... to a friend and every time we talk books, she thanks me profusely for telling her about it. She thought if fabulous as well.