Friday, August 07, 2009

Unintentional Summer Hiatus

Like Holly, I did not intend to take a summer hiatus. I did have a two-week trip to California, but I have a laptop, so I figured I would keep up with the blog from there. I completely underestimated how busy this summer would be! I thought I'd list the books I need to review so you know what exciting posts are coming up, and I have some accountability to get caught up. They're sort of in order of priority. Not every book I've read is on the list; for example, I've decided that I was annoyed enough by reading The Double Bind and there's no need to get all worked up writing a negative review. I may not review the Twilight series, either, because it's been reviewed extensively everywhere else.

A Year of Cats and Dogs by Margaret Hawkins
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
39 Clues: Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson (Holly has read this, too, and is waiting patiently for me to do my part of a joint review)
Seducing The Spirits by Louise Young*
Every Boat Turns South by J. P. White*
Back Creek by Leslie Goetsch*
Matrimony by Joshua Henkin
Swan for the Money by Donna Andrews
Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper*
Smart Mama's Green Guide by Jennifer Taggart*
If Your Kid Eats This Book, Everything Will Still Be Okay by Lara Zibners*
A Free Life by Ha Jin*
Etta by Gerald Kolpan*
The Twilight series

*Not yet read

No comments: