Monday, June 08, 2009

Mailbox Monday

I haven't posted a Mailbox Monday post in awhile. So I thought I would get this up here. :-)

I won Testimony by Anita Shreve in book blog contests hosted by Teddy Rose and Wrighty Reads. I'm passing my second copy along to a friend.

From Shelf Awareness:
Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper (ARC). A pet memoir about a blind kitty. Sounds like a good book for those who enjoyed Marley and Me. :-)

Jeff in Venice, Death in Varanasi by Geoff Dyer (ARC). This sounds like a bit of a complicated literary novel. Part romance, part mystery, somewhat philosophical sounding. Sounds interesting for when I'm in the mood something more complex and in-depth.

Fragment by Warren Fahy (ARC). Scientific thriller compared to Jurassic Park. Sign me up! I'm looking forward to getting to this one sooner rather than later. Sounds like a fun read for summer.

Books I've purchased recently:
I didn't receive these in the mail, but I'm excited about them nonetheless so I thought I'd post them here.

Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
I've seen this one around the blogosphere lately and really think it sounds fun. Entered a few contests for it but no such luck so I decided to just add it to my library.

39 Clues #4: Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson
Looking forward to the fourth installment of the series. I've found that I have not heard of some of the authors in this series so far. I like to look them up and see what else they have written. Jude Watson has also written many Star Wars novels (probably why I haven't heard the name before). ;-)

The Lost Hours by Karen White
Another one I've heard about from various book blogs. I nominated it for my book club recently and it was chosen! I'm looking forward to reading one of White's books, they all sound interesting.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Yet another one I thought might be interesting from reading reviews of it on book blogs.

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page. Hop on over to check out what others have received in the mail!

No comments: