Friday, January 16, 2009

Tournament of Books 2009

The list is up! Follow the Tournament here.

The Morning News 2009 Tournament of Books Contenders

The White Tiger, Aravind Adiga
2666, Roberto Bolano
A Partisan’s Daughter, Louis de Bernieres
The Northern Clemency, Philip Hensher
The Lazarus Project, Aleksandar Hemon
My Revolutions, Hari Kunzru
Unaccustomed Earth, Jhumpa Lahiri
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, E. Lockhart
Shadow Country, Peter Matthiessen
The Dart League King, Keith Lee Morris
A Mercy, Toni Morrison
Steer Towards Rock, Fae Myenne Ng
Netherland, Joseph O’Neill
City of Refuge, Tom Piazza
Home, Marilynne Robinson
Harry, Revised, Mark Sarvas


I have read NOT A SINGLE one of these! I've had The White Tiger, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, and Harry, Revised on my radar. Of course, I still haven't read most of last year's ToB books, either. I may try to read at least a couple before March!

No comments: