Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fablehaven Book Three

I did it, I went out and got Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague, and it was every bit as good as the previous two books, although things are getting a bit darker. On the preserve, a mysterious plague is turning light creatures dark, threatening the survival of the Sorenson family and the preserve. Still reeling from the possibility of betrayal suggested in the previous book, Kendra and Seth try to find out the source of the problem and stop it. Meanwhile, Kendra is asked to join a secret society devoted to protecting the preserves. This book was hard to put down. The action was nonstop and character development believable. Fablehaven is a new favorite series of mine. Mull's writing is excellent, the kids are funny and brave, and the plot and mythology really sweep the reader up in the action. Definitely start with the first one.

My review of Fablehaven
My review of Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star

1 comment:

mirmafae said...

I just finished readinf rise of the evening star last night. and it made me crazy the way it ended. i was ready to go out and buy vol. 3 immediatly