Friday, May 19, 2006

Her Fork in the Road

There's a bookstore on the west side of LA devoted entirely to cookbooks and cooking related tomes. I bought this book--Her Fork in the Road--there several months ago and just started reading it. The book is a collection of stories celebrating gastronomic travel, all written by women who are supposedly some of the best writers in and out of the food and travel fields. The stories meld unique ethnic cuisine experiences with the food's surrounding cultural context. The book is making me hungry--for both food and adventure! It's a different sort of read, but one I'm enjoying on many sensory levels.

2 comments:

Bookeditor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bookeditor said...

I'm the editor of the collection, and just wanted to say thanks for buying the book and actually digging in and reading it. I'm so glad you are finding it tasty.--Lisa